Treasure Seekers of San Diego (TSS) will hold their monthly chapter meeting on Wednesday, May 4th at the Joslyn Senior Center located at 210 Park Ave., Escondido CA 92025. The doors open at 6:00 pm. Click Here for a Map.
Main Points of Discussion
Guest Speaker: Keith Heyer Meldahl, Professor of Geology and Oceanography
Finds of the Month: Bring in your Finds of the Month. This is what you have ‘found’ during the last month and falls into three categories.
- Gems and Minerals
- Metal Detecting
Show off what you have done in the last month and there is a prize for the winner of each category.
Supporting Our GPAA Chapter
TSSD does not charge dues. There is no cost to check out prospecting equipment, outings are free, prospecting our claims is free, the library is free, and the education and companionship are free. Your membership with TSSD is priceless.
Yet TSSD still has to pay rent, pay the mining claim fees, pay the storage bill for the equipment for you to use, gold and raffle item costs, printing fees and numerous other monthly costs.
Please help support “your” club!
Buy some tickets!
Items Available For Purchase:
- “The Desert Magazine” on Disk – 1937 to 1983 – $5.00 for the set. Limit two per family.
- Drywasher/Gold Panning Test Kit (B.B.’s) – $1.00 per bag.
- Buckets – 3 gallon with lid – $1.00 each.
- Membership Card Holders with clip– $2.00 each at Membership table.
- Engraved Name Tags – $12.00 each
- Rubber Matt pieces – $1.00 each
- TSS Claim Guides – $30.00 per guide with proof of your TSS membership card.
- TSS Bags of Gold Pay Dirt
- 5 Sizes To Choose From
- $10, $25, $50, $100, & $250
- 5 Sizes To Choose From
Monthly Opportunity Drawings at the meeting:
- Door Prize Drawing (Free ticket for coming)
- 50/50 Drawing ($1.00 per ticket)
- Gold Nugget Drawing ($1.00 per ticket)
- Table Drawing ($1.00 per ticket)
Quarterly Grand Prize Drawing (June 2016 Meeting):
- New Iron Audio: allows user to hear discriminated iron targets and to alter the mid-tone signal range.
- New Digital Target ID: 0 to 99 scale offers target information
- New higher frequency (10 kHz) provides better sensitivity on low and medium-conductivity targets (i.e. gold, lead)
- New Adjustable Frequency to help eliminate interference
- New Camlocks for better stem stability
- New Includes Pulse-Width Modulation audio: sharper, more responsive audio
- 8.5″ x 11″ PROformance™ submersible DD searchcoil offers excellent coverage, depth
- Enhanced Iron Resolution: twice the iron resolution of an ACE 250, to help separate good targets from adjacent junk iron
- Includes Electronic Pinpointing: precisely locates targets and speeds recovery
- Notch Discrimination: Modify discrimination patterns based on what you are seeking.
- Five Search Modes (plus Pinpoint)
- Eight (8) Sensitivity/Depth adjustments
- Coin Depth Indicator determines target depth
- Expanded Target ID legend: includes indication of U.S. coin denominations