Treasure Seekers of San Diego (TSS) will hold their monthly chapter meeting on Wednesday, July 6th at the Joslyn Senior Center located at 210 Park Ave., Escondido CA 92025. The doors open at 6:00 pm. Click Here for a Map.
Main Points of Discussion
Guest Speaker: Klaus Golhke on Hard Rock Mining
Finds of the Month: Bring in your Finds of the Month. This is what you have ‘found’ during the last month and falls into three categories.
- Gems and Minerals
- Metal Detecting
Show off what you have done in the last month and there is a prize for the winner of each category.
Supporting Our GPAA Chapter
TSSD does not charge dues. There is no cost to check out prospecting equipment, outings are free, prospecting our claims is free, the library is free, and the education and companionship are free. Your membership with TSSD is priceless.
Yet TSSD still has to pay rent, pay the mining claim fees, pay the storage bill for the equipment for you to use, gold and raffle item costs, printing fees and numerous other monthly costs.
Please help support “your” club!
Buy some tickets!
Items Available For Purchase:
- “The Desert Magazine” on Disk – 1937 to 1983 – $5.00 for the set. Limit two per family.
- Drywasher/Gold Panning Test Kit (B.B.’s) – $1.00 per bag.
- Buckets – 3 gallon with lid – $1.00 each.
- Membership Card Holders with clip– $2.00 each at Membership table.
- Engraved Name Tags – $12.00 each
- Rubber Matt pieces – $1.00 each
- TSS Claim Guides – $30.00 per guide with proof of your TSS membership card.
- TSS Bags of Gold Pay Dirt
- 5 Sizes To Choose From
- $10, $25, $50, $100, & $250
Monthly Opportunity Drawings at the meeting:
- Door Prize Drawing (Free ticket for coming)
- 50/50 Drawing ($1.00 per ticket)
- Gold Nugget Drawing ($1.00 per ticket)
- Table Drawing ($1.00 per ticket)
Quarterly Grand Prize Drawing (September 2016 Meeting):
Minelab X-Terra 305
When value for money really matters, then the X-TERRA 305 is best in class!
The X-TERRA 305 is the entry level detector in the Minelab X-TERRA Series. A lightweight, easy to use, coin and treasure-hunting detector designed for the hobbyist who does not want or need the top of the range machine. The X-TERRA 305 is suitable for the whole family and there is even a short shaft available for keen youngsters. Despite being ultra lightweight and so easy to use there is no compromise on quality or performance – Minelab’s designers used innovative, lateral thinking and the very latest in digital components to design the X-TERRA Series of detectors.
The X-TERRA 305 is now packed with new features, functionality and enhanced setting options. This detector delivers results, value and more…in fact some might think that we made it too good!!! A no nonsense detector perfect for those seeking a high performance entry-level detector.
- Minelab’s proprietary VFLEX technology, then new class of single frequency detectors – you can change the operating frequency simply by changing coils.
- Compatible with Medium Frequency (7kHz) and High Frequency (18.75kHz) coils – 6 accessory coil options offer increased versatility.
- Accurate Ground Balance capability with manual adjustment of 0-20, allows the user to adjust to ground mineralization easily.
- 2 preset patterns, that can also be customised, plus All-Metal mode.
- Choice of 1,2 or 3 tone ID’s plus multi-tone Target ID (12) response. This allows greater flexibility in deciding how target signals are represented.
- Threshold adjustment, with a range of -5 to 25 allowing the user to set threshold to levels where slight variations from either very small shallow, or very large deep, targets can be noticed.
- Noise Cancel function with 3 manual settings allowing the user to pick the quietest channel for detecting.
- Rapid recovery Pin-Point with variable tone and graphical indicator.
- Target Volume adjust (0-10) allowing you to get more definitive audio information on each target.
- Depth indicator, updates continuously, even in Pinpoint mode.
- Positive reflective LCD display.
- Runs on just 4 x AA batteries.
- Ultra lightweight, balanced design (only 1.3kgs).